Established in 1899, The Royal Regina Golf Club is Saskatchewan’s first and oldest golf club. Our prestigious, semi-private golf club holds the distinction of being one of only six courses in Canada to have received official “Royal” designation.
Saskatchewan’s First Golf Course
Over the years, the golf course at the Royal Regina has been relocated on three occasions. The current location west of Lewvan Drive and south of 11th Ave has been its home since 1901. Situated on 121 acres of land, parts of this site were formerly used by the NWMP (now RCMP) as their training grounds.
Numerous course improvements have been made during this time. In recent years, 5 new greens have been built, 2 man-made water hazards constructed, 3 holes have received significant re-designs, 20 new bunkers installed, and several mounding / contouring changes have been made.
At 6500 yards from the Championship tees, the length is somewhat short by today’s standards. However, it is the narrow fairways and the need to play precise approach shots that will provide the truest test of all elements of a golfer’s skill. Many golfers arrive at the Royal Regina expecting to score well, yet soon find that this course requires more than just the ability to play long ball.
- By SaskGolfer
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Theme Settings > Item Pages > Contact > Contact Form ID